Changing the Day Americans Celebrate Halloween
Sounds crazy right? No small task indeed but folks have been talking about it for years and now the Halloween Costume Association is making strides to change the day Americans celebrate Halloween! Everyone from Newsweek to Time magazine has reported on the obvious advantages, there’s been a boatload of proposed bills and petitions including one that made it all the way to the White House! Beyond the obvious safety advantages of moving Halloween to the last Saturday of October here are some other points to consider:
- Trick-or-treating can begin during day light hours! As it stands, twice as many children are hit and killed by cars on Halloween more than other day
- More families can actually CELEBRATE the holiday instead of being stuck at work when it falls on a weekday
- No more PTO requests to leave work early to make it home in time and no more rush hour traffic and stressed out parents trying to get kids, costumes, candy and decorations ready before the doorbell rings
- More Time… for family bonding, for parties, for securing your spot as the spookiest, most over-the-top house in the neighborhood
- More Candy… yes, the kids can trick-or-treat longer and fill those bags full
- Millennials have voted Halloween as their favorite Halloween, they are now the biggest buyers of Halloween related merchandise (can you believe 9 million of them are Mom’s now?) so let’s give ‘em a full day to go all out!
- There’s no religious conflict and no matter what, the Day of the Dead will still be Nov 1
Jump onboard and sign our petition here and we’ll do the rest!
For Media Inquiries, Expert Commentary or Product Samples please contact:
email@example.com / 910.849.9003