General Halloween Safety Tips
- Talk about it. 65% of parents don’t discuss Halloween safety with their children. Talk with your kids and offer ways to ensure a fun and safe experience.
- Walk safe. Children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed on Halloween. Discuss safety, pre-plan a route, stay on sidewalks and use crosswalks.
- Shine, sparkle and glow. 82% of parents don’t use reflective tape or other high visibility aids on their child’s costume. Be sure to incorporate reflective tape, glow sticks, finger lights or light-up accessories.
- Lighten up. 63% of children don’t carry a flashlight while they’re trick or treating. Grab a clip-on light if they don’t want to carry one!
- Tag along. 70% of parents don’t accompany their children trick or treating. You’re never too old to trick-or-treat! Grab a costume, enjoy some family bonding, and be sure to claim your treat tax!