Throw a Wicked Party
It's Always Party Time!
Everything’s more fun in costume!
From theme parties to family nights and everything in between, we have a gazillion creative ways to extend the life of those ghoulish get-ups and even more suggestions for incorporating new costumes and Halloween DIYs into your everyday shenanigans! Want more tips for your trend-setting shindig? Need more info about the Halloween party ideas below? Ask your questions here, and get some expert advice!
A Wee Bit of Fun
Maybe it’s because this weather has been so darn weird or maybe it’s just that we’re all aching for some sunny celebration. Whatever the reason, the HCA is beyond READY for an over-the-top, rainbow-clad, shamrock shakin’ soiree! We’ve assembled some ridiculously fun ways for you to celebrate this St. Paddy’s day!
‘Round these parts, we’re big fans of family fun and St. Patty’s Day is the perfect reason to get the fam together for a green-themed night at home. These fruit trays are sure to be a hit with your lil’ leprechauns and so are these Minute-To-Win-It games!
Dress for Dinner
Not your typical formal family dinner! Dress for Dinner is all about costumes and improv! Each dinner guest creates a character name, personality and backstory for the night. There’s just one rule… no one can break character for the entire meal!
As for dinner, play it loosely or go all out with a party theme to match, depending on what you plan out in advance. This is a hilarious change of pace that will ensure some real family bonding for kids and adults while your crew unplugs and finds some real connection.
Mom & Pop at the Bus Stop
Have you seen the epic Rubie’s dino bus stop video? Get ready to kick it up a notch with an awesome bus stop birthday bash or perhaps a bus stop block party celebrating the last day of school! Decorate your whole cul-de-sac, go all out and get a DJ! Plan costumes for the kids in advance, have them ready when they get off the bus so they can join in on the fun!
Get creative, it’s an experience your kids will cherish for a lifetime… plus, you’ll be the cool house on the block after this!
Movie Theme Night
Whether heading off to the theater or hosting a backyard screening, the costume opportunities abound!
- Float and Flick – Head out to the pool for a late night showing of Jaws paired with vintage summer costumes
- Disney – How about a blast with a classic from The Vault? Start with some cool accessories like these dragon horns from Elope and set up a dragon design studio before a viewing of Pete’s Dragon!
- Wizard of Oz - Don’t get us started on the iconic Wizard of Oz! Even your furry friends can get in on the action with a flying monkey suit from Rubie’s. Throw in some cool decoration ideas like making your own very own backyard yellow brick yard.
Murder Mystery Party
A Murder Mystery is the perfect Halloween party idea when you want to pull out all the stops and inspire your guests to dress to impress! There are a ton of ideas, plots and resources online to help you design the ideal theme for your heart pounding whodunit!
Here are a few of our Murder Mystery party themes:
- Lethal Luau
- Halloween Heist
- The Most Wonderful Crime of the Year
- Totally Rad 80’s Prom Gone Bad
- Mad Hatter’s Ball – Murder Mystery
- Murder Under the Big Top
- The King is Dead (Elvis of course!)
Superheroes of Service
Throw a superhero shindig and do some good in the neighborhood! Designate a meet-up spot and get ready to save the day! Here’s a list of good deeds you can try on for size while in your super suit:
- Serve at a homeless shelter
- Run a 5k for a good cause
- Hand out superhero masks on the street
- Give drinks out to people on a hot day
- Deliver homeless care packages
Post #servicesuperhero, we’ll pick the best ones and reward you handsomely with some new crime-fighting gear!